We've been tagged by Clare at Emmy's Mummy and Harry's Too to take part in The Christmas Tag Meme. Munchkin and I will answer the questions listed together. Here goes ...
1) What is your favourite thing about Christmas?Well, since being a mummy, it's all about the build up of excitement in the weeks leading up to the big day. The tree, the decorations, the lists for Santa, and of course seeing Munchkin's little face when she sees that Santa has been, eaten the mince pie, drank the milk, taken the reindeer food and left presents! Then spending the day sharing those moments with the rest of the family!
Munchkin answers ... "Presents, and Santa is making my bike!"
2) What is your favourite make-up look for Christmas?
For me, as it has to be one of the few days in the year that I actually make the time to put make-up on, it will be whatever colours go with whatever I decide to wear, or something quite neutral. Whichever I choose, I tend to concentrate on my eye make-up as it's the main area that reveals how sleep deprived I am right now!
Munchkin answers ... "Make-up ... (laughs) Don't be silly mummy!"
3) Real or fake tree?
I love a real Christmas tree, but since introducing Munchkin and Beastie Boo into the home, an artificial tree is much more practical. And that is without considering the destruction our four-legged boy would cause with a needle shedding real tree!
Munchkin answers ... "Real trees just like our Christmas tree!" (as I said, our's is artificial, so it would seem there is definitely no need for a living tree for her benefit just yet!) She then goes on to ask ... "What's fake mummy?" Hmmm, I could be some time with this one! We all know how one question leads to a million more!
4) Giving presents or receiving them?
Giving them, every time!
Munchkin answers ... C'mon, she's 3 years old, what do you think she said?!
5) Do you open presents on Christmas morning or evening?
We have some Christmas presents at home on Christmas morning, then some more when visiting family in the afternoon. We like to hold a few back for the evening and Boxing Day morning too.
Munchkin answers ... "Both please!"
6) Handmade Christmas cards or shop bought?
As I was growing up (in fact until the kids restricted my time) I handmade my Christmas cards, so I can't wait until I start to receive handmade cards from Munchkin as she starts making them at Pre-School!
Munchkin answers ... "Can we make cards NOW mummy?"
7) What's your favourite Christmas film?
There are a number of films I love to watch at Christmas. But one that has a special place with me and that takes me back to my childhood every time I see it is Santa Claus the Movie (1985)
Munchkin answers ... "Ariel is my favourite!" (I did try explaining that The Little Mermaid was not actually a Christmas film, but to no avail!)
8) What is your favourite Christmas food?
I haven't had Christmas if I haven't had my dad's bubble & squeak! That is all ...
Munchkin answers ... "Pasta and sausages!" (We had a similar conversation to that sparked by her answer to Question 7 ... I've given up now!)
I am now tagging Jen over at My Mummy's Pennies and Emma over at Crazy With Twins to join in the festive fun!